The Brett Kavanaugh hearings were devastating in terms of exposing the Cult of Intersectional Oppression (CIO), especially its feminist faction, the Our Lady of Perpetual Martyrdom Cadre, and their meltdown is epic. This is a moment in history when Democrats, especially their “progressives,” have shown us who they really are.
Do any Democrats really think their handling of this episode was good for the Party? Feminism? Women?
For Democrats the key objectives seem to have been to derail the nomination and whip up their base for the midterms. Clearly the first objective was not met. As for the second we have to wait and see, but there are some early signs.
The Democrats now have a new issue for November—investigation and impeachment of Kavanaugh—but they also handed their opponents several issues. Continue reading “The Empress Has No Clothes”
The entertainer John Mayer, ironically a well-known serial womanizer, responded to the Kavanaugh hearings and #MeToo by saying we should tear up the social contract between men and women and replace it with a new one in which men were expected to behave better. I agree with him as far as he goes, but not out of male guilt. We need to tear up the contract and renegotiate a whole slew of things between men and women. Continue reading “Tear Up The Contract”
Feminist SJWs are such profoundly stupid people they think there is such a thing as a right to an abortion in the US. There isn’t. The landmark Roe v. Wade ruling says that a woman’s constitutional right to privacy must be balanced with society’s interest in protecting human life, that until a fetus is viable outside the uterus the decision to have an abortion is a private one and therefore protected.
I agree that the compromise Roe represents is a great model for thinking of the issue, but it clearly has its flaws for absolutists on both sides. The pro-life side says that even a non-viable fetus is sacred human life and abortion at any point after conception is murder. The pro-choice side thinks viability is irrelevant and abortion on demand must be a “right” up to the moment of birth.
But there are at least two major forces at work in our society that will undo Roe v. Wade and render it moot regardless of who is on the court—one on each side of the compromise.
Continue reading “The Real Issue: Roe v. Wade”
Hello? The main plot of Harper Lee’s iconic novel revolves around a false rape accusation, and the main message was essentially not to judge a book by its cover (mostly race in this case). But despite generations of avid readers, “Anti-racism” and “anti-sexism” are now the new racism and sexism. Atticus Finch would never deprive someone of a human right like presumption of innocence based on their race or gender. Maybe they thought it took place in an alternate universe…
In case you missed it this week…
- A CERN physicist has committed “unscience.” Spiked gets it right.
- Clapping is now (partially) banned at a UK university because it is “triggering.”
- The National Review had a great piece detailing the Orwellian nature of the Kavanaugh situation.
- When women cry or act naive or like children, my BS detector goes on alert. Is this genuine, or am I being manipulated? Not only does this woman get it, she delivers a call to action.
“It’s up to Women to protect and defend men from gynocentric authoritarianism. I don’t care about the zombie hoards out there. I’m talking to those of you who know what’s right. It’s our time. If you have a brother, a father, a husband or a son, take a stand.”
- In a week of goalpost-shifting and bar-lowering, we now have the all or nothing: If you don’t believe women unconditionally, you don’t believe them at all! Feminists cannot help but make themselves look childish and stupid. All or nothing thinking is a symptom of a cult.
Fortunately, some men get what is at stake.
Hater of the Week
- Connie Chung, as a representative of all women who use the insidious man-hating logic of #MeToo to assume Kavanaugh’s guilt.
LULZ of the Week
- Fake Scholarship. The empress has no clothes! Probably the funniest and most important story of the year.
- Bonus Runner Up: The Alt-right-Russia conspiracy is the reason no one likes the SJW Star Wars!
- Bonus Runner Up: Male feminist goes into “punch a Nazi” mode on a pro-life woman.
Have a great weekend!