Hello? The main plot of Harper Lee’s iconic novel revolves around a false rape accusation, and the main message was essentially not to judge a book by its cover (mostly race in this case). But despite generations of avid readers, “Anti-racism” and “anti-sexism” are now the new racism and sexism. Atticus Finch would never deprive someone of a human right like presumption of innocence based on their race or gender. Maybe they thought it took place in an alternate universe…
1 originating in and characteristic of a particular region or country; native (often followed by to)
As a white person who is indigenous to the United States of America, I wish all my fellow natural born citizens a happy Indigenous Peoples’ Day!
But that makes me wonder, why does the pro-immigrant Left think it is progressive to celebrate native, natural born citizens over immigrant ones?
- It is ironic how the social justice left, the same people who want to give felons their right to vote back, are apoplectic and want to deny a man a job over a juvenile misdemeanor that he wasn’t even convicted of.
- I just saw Senator Mazie Hirono on This Week (ABC). She literally said that Democrats have been asking for an FBI investigation for what “seems like months!” As if. What a weasel! The whole circus could have been avoided had Feinstein asked for an investigation months ago when it could have been handled confidentially as Dr Ford wanted. Of course it was an orchestrated political hit, and the conscious delay in the Democratic request for an investigation was part of it.
Of course the clueless George Stephanopoulos did not call her on it.
- Democrats have tried to move the goal posts and lower them this weekend by claiming Kavanaugh’s angry testimony did not show “judicial temperament,” that he was too partisan to be on the Court and that this was a job interview, not a court of law. This is another SJW-style circular argument. He was just fine temperament-wise until the partisan Democrats put him in the middle of a Kafkaesque hell. They are desperate to have somewhere else to hang their hat in case the FBI investigation does not go their way.
- Senator Ted Cruz normally makes me cringe, but he powerfully sums up the lack of actual evidence for, and considerable evidence against, Dr Ford’s accusations as well as the travesty of Democratic feminist cynicism.
- If the feminist idea that we live in a misogynist society that does not care about women’s safety were true, vague 30 year old allegations that the one alleged eyewitness says is “nuts” would not even be discussed, let alone get a Senate hearing. Clearly feminism is wrong.
- If the genders were reversed, no one would care. We as a society do care about the safety of women, and feminists/Democrats dishonestly exploit that for power.
- Once again the primitive depravity of the feminist sense of “justice” is on display. Someone should tell them that limitations on the timeframe of prosecutions (and this is a figurative one) protect the accused, who is presumed to be innocent.
- In California, the statute of limitations for rape is 10 years, or until a minor turns 28. Justice demands that this accuser be told “Sorry, you had your chance,” as if she were an actual adult instead of indulging her like a child.